Friday, February 29, 2008

Unusual Blooming of Spring Flowers


It seems like springtime is 2 months earlier than usual.Spring flowers that usually bloom during late April/early May are now blooming and we are just in late February.

Most daffodils in the neighborhood are already in full bloom as well as the fuschias and the spring crocuses.Tulips and hyacinthes started to sprout since the first week of February.

These abnormal changes look alarming to me.I bet you've also seen the news about snows seen on parts of Saudi Arabia and in Jerusalem,the heavy snow in California, Florida and in China,the devastating floods in parts of Asia like in Indonesia,India,Bangladesh and then drought in Australia,Afghanistan and even in the Philippines.

As a mother,of course it concerns me seeing all these things that are happening around.I mean, what would happen next?Tomorrow?Next week?Next month?Next year? Are we still living in a safe world for our next generation?But then,I think, if it's the way of the world then who am I to question it? If floods and droughts and extreme cold and stupid wars are nature's ways to control the world's population,then que sera,sera.Mother nature has to find its own balance for life's sake and I have to respect it.To live here and now is what's important.

0 comments: