Saturday, March 1, 2008

After the Rain,Here Comes the Sun

Last night I've seen the weather forecast reporting about a strong wind 60-70km/hr and heavy rainfall for the night.Indeed the wind was strong and with the rain it created a very scary noise outside.Normally when it rains, it makes me sleepy during the day and even makes me sleep better when it pours at night...as if its sound is like a melody to my ear and the cooling effect of the earth creates a soothing ambiance that serves like a nature's lullaby.

But last night,with the combination of the strong wind and really a very heavy rain,it made me wake up and even my husband got up to check what's happening outside...he too got disturbed by the noise as the wind blows and raindrops were patting on the windows.Again,it took me like half an hour to go back to sleep.

When we woke up this morning,we were very surprised to see the sunshine outside.Although the daffodils I have posted on my previous post were now bowing down to the ground because of the wind and the water that got trapped inside the flowers,they still survive and their petals are still intact.I have not seen fallen branches maybe because they are still leafless and the wind just easily passed through them.

It's already early afternoon and the sun is still showing off its bright light as if it recomforts me from my last night's worries.It kind of like reminding me that after the storm the sun will always find its time and chance to shine again.We just have to be patient...because no matter how thick the clouds that bring rains and storms,and even how many times the earth turns from days into nights,the sun is always there ...never ceasing to shine and keeping its light to give us hope for a new and brighter day...

0 comments: