Sunday, February 24, 2008

Playhouse Disney Addict

Well, I guess my son is not the only one who is fund of watching Playhouse Disney channel. Each day for him is not complete without a glimpse of his favorite shows like Baby Einsteins,Roley Poly Olly, Mickey Mouse and Manny and his tools. After school his usual first request is to turn on the Satellite TV right before asking a snack.

I cant blame him if he's into their shows.I mean,even myself, I sometimes do some humming on some of their songs unconsciously( like the Think,think,think of the Super Detectives and the melody of Mickey Mouse right when his house shows up from the ground) like it got programmed into my subconscious as I keep on hearing it repeatedly.

The good thing is he's learning some good stuffs out of Baby Einsteins like the music of Beethoven etc... I can't say it's a perfect show for my kid but more or less it helps him how to analyze on given problems and puzzles.For me, their interactive shows make my kid more curious on solving mysteries and how stuffs work.And now that he got more learning, he's starting to ask questions like How and Why is it like this and like that?But you know kids, sometimes, they ask some How's and Why's that even parents can't figure out the answer or can't explain well according to the kid's level of understanding....or some subject answers to those questions are just too sensitive for his young age to tackle.

Being parents can be challenging especially on certain years of the child's growth. But like the famous phrase of the Spiderman,"With great gift comes great responsibilities." Each child is a gift of life and with this gift we are bound to take our responsibilities... not only taking care of these gifts but also guarding them from harm.To all parents, more power to your upbringing and guidance!

0 comments: