Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In the Beginning ( The Story of the Creation of this Blog and More)

Not so long ago, in a faraway kingdom of Belgium, a desperate housewife named Theresa decided to create a blog on the internet. And so her "behind the scene" story of how her blog was created goes like this....

"Late afternoon when the sun starts to set,my husband Marc came from his work. I told him I want to create a personal blog but I don't know where to start one.There are lots of websites offering free postings and all the craps and being less knowledgeable about internet stuffs I asked his opinion about it... instead of only opinion, I got his full-free package of services which includes him taking over the computer doing stuffs for me(he finds it easier and faster that way than letting me do it myself and bombarding him with tons of questions that take hours of his time explaining).So I decided to sit on the nearby sofa behind him...now instead of me asking him like maybe 20-30 questions usually starting with HOW's, it's him asking me maybe 4-8 questions usualy WHAT's... like What page color do you like? or What page layout do you like? The rest, I just leave it all to him...it enables us,especially him to save time and effort(on my side).The funny moment starts when it's time to put the title of the blog...so he asked: " What title do you like me to put? " Hhhmmmm...I haven't really thought about that...so he suggested: What about Theresa's Blog?" I said no,it's already too common to name a blog a blog...lol...So then I told him maybe some words that would more or less rhyme with Theresa...but I know him well he couldn't wait that long (like overnight)to make me decide...so he suggested again.What about: Theresa Ohlala or Ohlala Theresa...?" I didn't know how many milliseconds it took me to react to it... but we had a laugh like crazy...he added more crazy and stupid suggestions that really made my blog and that day unforgettable... And so it ended up with an agreement to have the title Theresa's World... for now...

My blog sharing is usually not about the things usual women share like tips on how to save on shopping or cooking or telling others tips on effective cleaning or how you get into the mode of fashion. In Theresa's World, I share simple things about my life according to how I see it.Everybody has his own way of living life .You see it according to how you want to see it...in a specific angle you chose.We each have our own versions of the story.For sure if you'll asked my husband his side of the story it wouldn't be expressed like mine.Because men and women, generally speaking, live in two different state of mindfulness...most men are mindful in physical state that involves seeing and touching while most women in emotional state that involves sentimental feelings and aspirations.So even though they are both involved in the same experience their way of experiencing it are not the same.So much with lecturing...let's go back to my side of the story.

According to me,the life we have as a couple is amazing... like in the game of The Amazing Race, we both race as a team...our mission is to make it to the pit stop as a healthy team...meaning no arguments or no hurt feelings and no exchange of harsh words...and to always remember that its just a game...if ever there is some misunderstanding,we have to talk about it and find a way to contemplate each other...

And now after 6 years of marriage,inspite of life's ups and downs, we still find the moments to laugh together, have fun together and even just sit beside each other without saying a word and still find it fun...even if sometimes it's hard for him to contemplate and understand me, but still we find a way to reach out for each other inspite of our cultural differences,our 12 years of age gap and him being raised in Mars and me in Venus.Now our extra mission is to reach out for our growing family...our son who was born on Earth,now speaking an alien "Frenchic" language that sounds more like french mixed up with english accent and a chinese pronunciation that he calls,in his own term, a "Singapore" language...Makes me wonder how it will be with our second child ( still under construction )....

0 comments: