Monday, March 31, 2008

Inside the Emirates Palace Hotel

Emirates Palace Hotel is considered to be the most expensive hotel so far.It was amazing to see the rest of the place where only a few people can take a tour around.Most of the time many parts of it are exclusive for guests and V.I.P's. Luckily,my cousin who is currently working there got a chance to show us around with another guide...of course she had to ask permission first to one of the managers since the security there is very strict that nobody is allowed to take a tour on some of its restricted areas of the palace.

Well,I couldn't believe at first when our guide,Didier, told us that what we are going to see that are gold and silver are real gold and silver and every material used are of the best quality...like the floor with colored marbles from Italy with the white ones from India...all the heavy chandeliers hanged are filled with Swarovski crystals and the soft carpets are mostly handwoven from Iran....I don't remember anymore what else are there that the guide mentioned...oh yeah,the cogniac thing and the caviar, etc...many stories that could make any non-VIP like me to make that "amazed and shocked expression" with my eyes marvelled by all the material things that can spoil their guests.

As we take a look at one of their suites,I keep on thinking, I couldn't afford to spoil myself with an expensive accomodation like this for just one or few nights of splendor.It's a lot of fortune to spend (for someone like me).And anyway,I am already contented to have that chance to see all these luxuries they can offer...and that contentment is already enough to fill my simple pleasure of appreciating beautiful and fancy things like these...a priceless experience that taught me a lesson about life...that happiness and contentment in a person is not about how much he has and how many things he posseses....
Happiness is about finding the things that really matter most in life and no matter how poor you are,just knowing how you can be happy even in the simplest of things,you'll see that it's the greatest possession in the universe...because the more you have,the more you worry about losing them and the more greedy you can become...and that surely will not make you find satisfaction and contentment and you will never know how to be REALLY happy...So,what's the worth of these material things if it's always accompanied by worries,greed and unsatisfaction?And so,my amazement was replaced by the view of my son who was enjoying playing on the floor...now that's the happiness I'm talking about!

0 comments: